AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Dangerous bug in monitor

We use a lot of batched tools from 3dsmax.
If someone by error selects the batch-header and a job underneath and deletes both of them, the next unrelated job in the queue will get deleted too. I acted as a super-user so perhaps a normal user won’t kill the folowing job if it isn’t one og theit own, but even if it’s their own jobs it’s a mess.

BatchError.jpg
I know that selecting the header and a sub-job for deleting makes no sense, but the outcome is dangerous.

DL 10.0.5.1 on Windows

I tried to reproduce in SuperUser mode using 10.0.5.1 and my Monitor did not delete the next job.
Are you able to reproduce this consistently with any batch+job combination?
There might be other conditions that must be met for this to occur?
I tried varying the order of selection (select batch first, then job, and the other way round), and it did not change anything.

Yes, it can be a zillion conditions leading to this outcome, I will try to reproduce it. Sometimes giving a developers a hint triggers an idea of what might be the internal problem. So sorry for being not specific enough.

What I know:
I was deleting (as super user) a completed batch-list with just one sub-job from a colleague and it killed the following suspended job which happened to be mine. (SIze of batch like in the example picture). Both were 3dsmax jobs.

I can’t tell which sorting criteria or order I had selected on event.

If it happens again I will be more “awake” and capture everything in detail.

In my mind, selecting a batch header should implicitly include all the sub-jobs… I’m actually surprised there are cases that are the opposite. I’ll bump one of the dev guys to see what the intended action was here.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences