AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Name feature/bug with DL submitter for 3dsmax

When submitting sequences with DL in 3dsmax over the normal submitter AND the filenames ends with a letter DL inserts a dot between the name and the framenumber.

With “framename.exr” set as the name this happens:

Instead of framename0425.exr we got framename.0425.exr.
Which just lead to a small catastrophe in our shot/compositing pipeline.
But framename_0425.exr remains framename_0425.exr

It might seam insignificant but it looks like you are doing this on purpose and although it seams legit it introduces an ambiguity needs to be taken care of later in the pipeline. Is there a setting to change this behavior? Or perhaps a configurable substitute-system? Where you can set which characters or the lack of gets changed and which not?

Maybe this will help?

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … s-max.html
Search for “Why do 3ds Max jobs add a period delimiter to the output filename?”

It offers insight into why the feature was added, and means to modify it so it complies with your pipeline requirements (at risk of breaking V-Ray render elements).

As for your more general question about how to modify the SMTD defaults and settings’ behavior, you might want to look into this topic:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … management
It is slightly scary, but Halloween is coming, so… :smiling_imp:

Bobo, thanks a lot. I just didn’t know how to search for what my problem was in the docs.
Both links are very helpful.
By the way, I’ve used your tools and scripts in the old days, they then paved the way to my beginning with maxscript, thanks for this. This is incredible long ago it seams now.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences