AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Manual submission - Maya/Vray/Deadline - Wrong output file type?

Hey all,

I’ve setup a quick render pipe that revolves around manual submissions. Submit one scene via deadline as suspended, from that scene a multitude of other jobs with various parameters are generated and pull from the original submission aux scene file.

However, I just noticed that Maya seems to be dictating the output image format of my Jobs, not Deadline! Attached are my job/info files if someone here would be so inclined to proof them for me. EXR is specified in the OutputFilename0 I thought should override everything? Code below if you’d like to take a look at why I’m getting PNG output, not EXR (if I switch Maya render setttings to EXR, it works fine… but I feel there should be a way to do this without changing this within Maya).

Feel free to ignore the auxiliary info being pushed. Thank you!

INFO-

Plugin=MayaBatch BatchName=GM108-KM_BatchProcess Name=GM108-KM_frame_pt Comment=catalogRender Pool=shit MachineLimit=0 Priority=20 ConcurrentTasks=1 OutputFilename0=//jhtnafile/RenderStorage/_Ultra_Sandbox/out/medical/GM108-KM/GM108-KM_frame_pt.####.exr Department= Frames=3 InitialStatus=Active EventOptIns=CatalogRenamer ExtraInfoKeyValue0=auxOutput=\\jhtnafile\RenderStorage\_Ultra_Sandbox\out\medical\GM108-KM\GM108-KM_frame_pt.0003.exr ExtraInfoKeyValue1=originalID=59f251e1eac3743e8c719190 ExtraInfoKeyValue2=delFlag=False

JOB-

Animation=1 Renderer=vray UsingRenderLayers=0 VRayAutoMemoryEnabled=1 VRayAutoMemoryBuffer=500 RenderLayer= RenderHalfFrames=0 LocalRendering=0 StrictErrorChecking=1 MaxProcessors=0 Version=2017 Build=64bit StartupScript=\\jhtnafile\RenderStorage\_Ultra_Sandbox\masterContent\startup_3.mel ImageWidth=3500 ImageHeight=3500 SceneFile=\\repo\DeadlineRepository9\jobs\59f251e1eac3743e8c719190\GM108-KM.mb OutputFilePath=//jhtnafile/RenderStorage/_Ultra_Sandbox/out/medical/GM108-KM OutputFilePrefix=GM108-KM_frame_pt Camera=set:heroCam Camera0= Camera1=set:heroCam Camera2=front Camera3=persp Camera4=side Camera5=top IgnoreError211=0

Well, a few notes:

1. This is minor, but the “job info file” defined the job-specific settings and the “plugin info file” defines stuff just for the MayaBatch plugin to read it. It took me something like a month to sort that out when I started.
  2. The OutputFilename0 only drives the Monitor’s right-click script, the asset syncing tooling in 10, and dependent Draft jobs so it won’t have an effect here
  3. Maya’s always the default of where those files will go, so let’s check the code that can override it.

It looks like “GetRenderDirectoryCommand()” is what actually takes your “OutputFilePath” and builds Melscript for us. It’s pretty hard to read through as there’s Python writing Mel here. For debugging this, would you be willing to turn on the “log script contents to render log” in “Configure Plugins” under the “Tools” menu? That’ll show us what was built from your inputs and should provide better info.

I’ll absolutely be willing to do that, however it might take a me until next week. Tight project deadlines this week.

All is good as long as the Maya render globals type output is set to the one I want (exr/png). That seems to dictate the output type. I’ll debug though and post up the information.

To clarify quickly, I am just looking for a way to dictate the output file type though the Deadline submission, not the Maya render globals. It’s pretty straight forward to write a bit of script to change the render global output type attribute during the manual submission as long as I have the Maya file open (which in some instances the Maya file will never be open during submission).

I’ll post up the log though.

On a side note, I think the ability to write Deadline events is amazingly powerful. I remember you attempting to explain it to me over the phone a while back and I got a bit confused. Now that I have had a chance to study up on the documentation, I think they are fantastic! Brings my whole perception as to what Deadline is up to a new level. Cheers.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences