AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

deadlinecommand PyQt error

We are trying to run this command:
deadlinecommand -selectmachinelist

And we get this error:
Error: RuntimeError : the PyQt5.QtCore and PyQt4.QtCore modules both wrap the QObject class (FranticX.Scripting.PythonNetException)

What’s going on and how do we fix it?
Seems a bit strange that a non-gui command would import Qt stuff…

Thanks!

This command will cause a machine selection dialog to be shown, and Deadline uses PyQt 5 (assuming DL 10) for its GUI. Somehow PyQt 4 is getting into the mix. This might be something exposed via the PYTHONPATH environment variable. A fix went into 10.0.5.1 (release notes) to better control the order of module loading to help prevent conflicts.

Can you tell us specifically which version of Deadline and about the environment in which it is running?

Hi Coulter,

It’s Deadline 9.0 running on Windows 7 and Windows 10.

OK, it works if I take our standard modules out of the path. Is it possible for 4 and 5 to coexist in the same application? We are going to upgrade to Deadline 10, but we’re in crunch time right now so we can’t.

Does Deadline 9.0 use PyQt5?

Thanks, Sumit

Indeed it does!:

I know Charles is helping via ticket here too and I’ll inform him that it’s probably more helpful he work here so people can see the progress (for future reference). How are you calling deadline command here? I wonder if you could change the environment before calling it. There’s also the wrapper solution that you folks were using for the Monitor. We can wrap DLC in the same way temporarily (ideally using some wrapper function in your pipeline so it’s easy to fix once DL10 is in your pipeline).

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences