AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

User Farm Time Report - missing users

Hello, recently I’ve been asked to give a breakdown of Render Times per user, which was a breeze to find under the Farm Status Reports.

However, I noticed that it’s only a handful of users who show up on the list.

I thought maybe some of the users had not been active for a while and weren’t registering during the custom date range, so I had everyone in the studio submit a test scene, so now everyone’s User shows up on the Job Queue with a completed job.
However, the report still only shows a few and is omitting the rest.

I tried running Pulse to see if that would refresh anything but that didn’t do much.

Any ideas?

Were the users always specified?

I had an issue where the artists submit a job number in the comment of the submitter, if this was added at a later date there was no entry in the farm statistics, so I couldn’t add the job number for old jobs and get the statistics for how long the farm had been in use for on a certain job.

There doesn’t seem to be anyway to update the database either

Are the jobs being deleted after a certain time and does this affect the results?

Am definitely interested about getting more out of this feature too.

Hey Anthony, while we do archive the jobs we don’t delete them - but even then, my test run had everyone submitting make sure their user name showed up at submission and made sure the jobs weren’t deleted before running the report.

Attached is an example with the timestamps, and the report registering only a few users out of the whole batch:

I’m at another studio today and notice the same problem

A user has submitted 1 completed job within the range and doesn’t show in the statistics
A different user only has 2 jobs in the range and yet in the statistics it shows 3 completed jobs

so I’m now wondering 2 things

Is it possible that the missing users job was submitted by the other user and then changed at a later date?
As I’ve found before the statistics only store the submitted data, and if the job is modified at a later date it is not in the statistics

Or is it possible that the completed job was so quick (21s) that is doesn’t count in the statistcs? (Can you check this against your times Fred?)

I’ll have a test back at the office with version 10, issues I’ve seen are with version9

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences