AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 10 and Fusion 9.0.1 linux submit error

Hello,
I’ve been trying to send Fusion jobs to Deadline without luck. Unfortunately I don’t know Lua so I don’t really understand what’s going on with the submition script. Every time I try to send a job I get this error:

[code]Running script “/mnt/ProgramCaches/Deadline10/DeadlineRepository10/submission/Fusion/Main/SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript”

Submit to Deadline
…ry10/submission/Fusion/Main/SubmitToDeadline.eyeonscript:261: /tmp/deadline_fusion_output.txt: No such file or directory[/code]

Any Idea on what’s going on? I’m using Deadline 10.0.7.0, Fusion Studio 9.0.1 in Fedora 25.

Orlando

Hey Orlando,

There’s going to be two problems here.

#1 - Make sure that the Fusion Service and executable is not running on the render nodes. Deadline will start the application.

#2 - There is a problem with our script initializing early so you need to add a wait timer.

These issues and the wait fix are outlined in this forum post…

forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/vie … ion#p72679

Let me know if that doesn’t resolve the problem for you.

Regards,

Charles

Thanks Charles,

But I think that’s a totally different topic. In the other thread, the jobs were submitted successfully and there’s issues when the jobs start rendering. My issue is I can’t even send the jobs to the queue. As soon as I try to run the submitter script, I get the above error. I double checked that /tmp/ has full access (read/write). Again, I don’t know lua, but seems to me that the output file gets deleted after creation (/tmp/deadline_fusion_output.txt).

Orlando.

I’m having the same issue on a mac workstation. Did you find a solution?

jan

Hi Jan,

Unfortunately no, I haven’t found a solution, so for now I have to render locally and completely avoid using Deadline for Fusion jobs.

Hey guys,

Sorry for missing this one. It’s been logged internally, but we definitely have some platform specific code in that submitter that will need to be looked at.

Does submitting to Fusion from the Monitor submitter work as a stop gap solution?

Cheers

Was this ever solved? A year later, we are experiencing the exact same issue… missing “/tmp/deadline_fusion_output.txt”

We are able to submit through the monitor but only by using FusionCmd…and only after modifying FusionCmd.py (under DeadlineRepository10/plugins/FusionCmd) to change some forward slashes to dashes, as per another post on this board.

renderArguments += " -render -start " + str( self.GetStartFrame() ) + " -end " + str( self.GetEndFrame() )
renderArguments += " -step 1 -verbose -quiet -quietlicense -clean -quit"

But even after all that, it still doesn’t quite work. When the job begins a silly ‘Render Complete’ message appears on the render node computer. After we hit ‘ok’, THEN the job begins to render. This is not a good solution, obviously, as it requires someone to babysit the render node.

Nevermind, I managed to solve it on my own by editing two lua scripts! (I got lucky…never really programmed lua before, but I’ve done lots of python programming)

Basically, the whole problem is happening because there’s a couple of extra quotes in two lines of code. arrrrgh.

Edit DeadlineFusionClient.eyeonscript (which should be renamed to DeadlineFusionClient.lua, by the way)
under ‘RunDeadlineCommand’, line 63 change:

command = “”"" … deadlineCommand … “” " … options … " > “” … tempFile … “”""
to
command = “”" … deadlineCommand … “” " … options … " > “” … tempFile … “”"

The exact same needs to be done in SubmitToDeadlineMonitor.lua, line 182.

Also, remember, unlike version 8 Fusion 9 requires you to buy Studio to network render. You need to install the render node onto the machines you need to render to, then point to that executable in the Monitor’s/Configure Plugins/Fusion. It should be something like /opt/BlackmagicDesign/FusionRenderNode9/FusionRenderNode

After you do this, everything should work!

Good sleuthing work! What version of Deadline would people need to be on? I don’t have “DeadlineFusionClient.eyeonscript” over here in 10.0.20

Edwin, it’s in the Submission/Fusion/Client folder (and the other is in the Main folder)

This particular issue has been addressed internally already, but hasn’t made itself into a build yet. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

1 Like

Heh. Sorry guys. :smiley:

1 Like

Still not able to submit from fusion on linux sadly :frowning:

Could you share any errors you’re seeing? And which version of Deadline you’re running?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences