AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini 16.5 exectuable path

Hello,

are there any ways to get the latest DL to work with Houdini 16.5, or do we have to wait for another release?
I tried manually copying the deadline files over, hoping that would work. But getting this error.

Was signing up for exactly the same question, I added the needed entries to DeadlineRepository10\plugins\Houdini\Houdini.param in the same logic as the older versions, but it comes back saying it cant find the hython executable.

It follows the same logic as the other entries but it doesn’t pick up. Any insights?

-Johan

You have to edit the plugin settings in Deadline Monitor to point to where Houdini is installed.
But yeah, I don’ think 16.5 works though. I’m rolling back right now so we can get our renders done.

maybe pointing out the obvious here but you did change the entries to the actual versions

Error: Houdini 16_5 hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 1[b]6.5.000[/b]bin\Hython.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Side Effects Software\Houdini

should be something like

Error: Houdini 16_5 hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.294\bin\Hython.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Side Effects Software\Houdini

Any news on this?We have the same problem here :>.

Hey,

it works fine with Deadline 10.0.8.1. Make sure you update the paths for both Houdini AND Mantra clients in the Monitor though.

Ahhhh didnt know about Mantra path thank you ^_^.

I changed the mantra as well but still getting same error.Here is my path–>C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.268\bin\hython.exe and for mantra–>C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.268\bin\mantra.exe

Oh, hm… and you updated the Deadline submitter for Houdini?
Not sure if that matters… What does you logs say?

Hey Kmind,

which error are you still getting on 10.0.8? As the original issue for this forum post should have been resolved:

Attempted to access non-existent config key Mantra16_5_Executable

Like Trond asked, could you post the most recent logs showcasing your error?

If it’s the missing path

Error: Houdini 16_5 hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list...

can you confirm that the slave reporting that error has that exact path and the executable exists there?

Cheers

Yes it truned out it was pointing to different path than the one we had Houdini installed :>.

Thank you for the help all ^_^.

Sorry I am havein difficulties with deadline and houdini here and I don’t understand how to edit the plugin settings in deadline monitor ?

From monitor, (as a super user or a user with enough privileges) --> Tools --> Configure plugins… --> houdini.
add to “Houdini 16.5 hython Executable” the path to your houdini version (for example “C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.536\bin\hython.exe”)

Then do the same to “Houdini 16.5 Sim Tracker File” (for example “C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.536\houdini\python2.7libs\simtracker.py”)

https://docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/products/deadline/10.0/1_User%20Manual/manual/app-houdini.html#plug-in-configuration

1 Like

Panze, Thanks for you answer but unfortunately I still get the following error

=======================================================

Error

Error: Houdini 16_5 hython executable was not found in the semicolon separated list "C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.000\bin\Hython.exe;C:\Program Files (x86)\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.000\bin\Hython.exe;/Applications/Houdini/Houdini16.5.000/Frameworks/Houdini.framework/Versions/16.5.000/Resources/bin/hython". The path to the render executable can be configured from the Plugin Configuration in the Deadline Monitor.

at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(String taskId, Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

Type

RenderPluginException

Stack Trace

at Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.d(DeadlineMessage aog)

at Deadline.Plugins.SandboxedPlugin.RenderTask(String taskId, Int32 startFrame, Int32 endFrame)

at Deadline.Slaves.SlaveRenderThread.c(TaskLogWriter aem)

Log

2018-10-08 20:07:39: 0: Loading Job’s Plugin timeout is Disabled

2018-10-08 20:07:40: 0: Executing plugin command of type ‘Sync Files for Job’

2018-10-08 20:07:40: 0: All job files are already synchronized

maybe you know how to solve this?

Seems like you are missing the minor version number from your Houdini build. The path should contain something like 16.5.536 or 16.5.405 etc.

I have linked the path in the for the correct folder including the minor version and everything.
Inside the plug in configuration I have something like this

C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.439\bin\hython.exe
C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 16.5.439\houdini\python2.7libs\simtracker.py

It is very strange. I am using houdini 16.5.439 rendering with redshift. Any idea?

That’s odd. The error tells that it still has the default path (that doesn’t usually point to anything existing). Is your correct path the first one in the list? If not, try moving it to first.

Yes it is, I have actually deleted the other ones.
I tried everything since 2 days now I don’t know what to do. I have reinstall deadline etc… nothing works aslo I am using a single machine.
Please let me know what else could I do?

Each plugin config should have 4 paths, one per line, and an actual version should be installed for H16 as well as H16.5. Typical users will also set the Mantra plugin similarly, so that makes about 3 places where you need to set the version four times (Houdini plugin has two sections, one for hython one for sim tracker), and each of those 3 have 4 lines. . Can you show us the contents of your H16.5 section? Might you have Deadline slaves that are still pointing to an old repository?

Hi Antoin, this is the screen shot, I highlighted with green the paths I linked.
I also deleted and created a new slave but still getting the same error.

Please let me know what to do next?

Maybe a new fresh install>?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences