AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Slave removed - how to re-add?

Hello,
this may sound like a rather stupid question: I removed a slave in the monitor in the process of trying different things to solve slave stalled problems. Also re-installed the Deadline Client software on the according machine. How do I get the slave to be re-recognized by deadline?

Thanks
Felix

If I delete a Slave from my Repository while it is not running, all I need to do is re-launch the Slave application on the respective machine, and once it has connected to the Repository, it reappears on the list. Obviously you must make sure that 1) the correct Repository is selected via the Deadline Launcher and 2) the Slave is launched either manually via the Launcher, or automatically on startup.

If you use the Monitor to Disable Slave, then Mark as Offline, and then Delete, if the Slave application was not shut down via the checkbox in the Disable Slave dialog, then the Slave will pop up back on the Slaves list immediately! If you try to just mark the Slave offline and then Delete, it will NOT go away at all if it is running…

Basically the Slaves list is auto-populated with any Slaves the successfully connected with the Repository. The list also remembers Slaves that were previously connected, but as described above, deleting from the list does not really affect what the Slave application is doing on the respective machine…

Thanks, good to know - that’s what I initially thought how it should be. The slave runs as a service, so it should automatically be up on machine start. Strange… then I have to look what else could be wrong.

Ok, the problem is that the slave could not connect to the repository and gave up. This is due to Windows suddenly decided not to remember the credentials for the network share where the repository is on - very weird. It allways worked before.

Anyone experienced such problems?

This is really strange! It works with the Deadline 8 client, does not work with the deadline 10 client - on a certain computer. Both versions configured almost the same way.
What I noticed is with for the Deadline10 Client, on installation it already did not find the repository though the repository unc path (samba share) is accessible and connected. This was not the case when installing on any other machines.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences