AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

How to mark task as failed if frame doesn't exist?

Hello,

I can’t find a tick box in Deadline anywhere for this, so I assume I need to write a Post Task Job. Is that correct?

Occasionally we have tasks finish and marked as “Completed”, even though there are no rendered image files at all for that frame, or the image file is zero bytes.

It would make things a hundred times easier to manage if these tasks were marked as “Failed” instead.

Thoughts? Should I write a Post Task Job for this?

Ps. I’m rendering using Maya, but I’m sure I’ve seen this for Houdini and XSI jobs.

Thanks,
Shaun.

There is a manual way to check, as you might be aware. Right-click the job, go to Job Output, select “Scan For Missing Output…”. Specify the minimum image size, and press the Scan button. This will tag the tasks with missing output, and if you close the dialog with OK, you will be prompted about requeueing those tasks.

I agree that an automatic way would be nicer. I don’t see anything in our GitHub, but if someone else has already written one, he might come forward here…

Oh that’s awesome. I didn’t actually know about that. That certainly solves the main issue and is a huge time saver. I may still write a Post Task however, and if I do, I’ll share it here.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences