AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

multiple users on single computer

I was trying out an scenario. So lets say you have an server computer and you have multiple user accounts, for exmaple admin account userA and standard user account userB.
Now if I connect using remote desktop connection I can have both sessions running so two remote connections each user having his own connection to server on his account.
Now weird thing. If I start deadline monitor for example as userB, it actually starts deadline monitor on this other userA account.

So maybe I’m missing something but is there option and how to have each user running his instance of application, for example deadline monitor.

To pint out deadline client was installed before userB was added… thinking if there is option install only for user and then having each connected separately to repository would make a difference? Can deadline client be installed per user?

Thanks

I think you can only run launcher, and that is going to be of the first user that starts running it.
However, if you launch multiple monitors, in the file menu you can change the user.

so that might fix your issue.

I know this is an old post, but we recently encountered the same issue.

You can launch Deadline Monitor with the “-new” flag. This will let you launch multiple simultaneous instances for multiple users.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences