AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 10.0.8 Issue

Ever since updating to Deadline 10.0.8.1 our scenes that didn’t throw any errors are now throwing this error:

Error: Dialog popup detected: Title “???”, Message “menuStrip” at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.StartJob(String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

I then went to our render nodes and launched 3ds Max to see if the error would pop up and every one node is throwing an error dialog box and is opening in Japanese mode…Anyone else having this issue? Thoughts???

Hey rheinspiel,

Were you previously running 3dsmax in English? I don’t believe our popup handlers/ignorers work if the application isn’t set to English which is why you’re seeing the error messaging about the pop-up.

If you’re comfortable with coding, you could try to add the following line to “DeadlineRepository10/plugins/3dsmax/3dsmax.py” around line 3000

self.AddPopupHandler( "???????", "OK" )

Full disclosure, this may or may not fix the issue, and there could be potential other pop-ups that won’t be caught due to language issues, so I’d really recommend switching 3dsmax on the render nodes to English.

Cheers

Morgan,

Thanks for the reply. I narrowed it down to a recent Anima install that we did before we updated Deadline. It has something to do with how Anima doesn’t handle xref scenes. Once I removed the the xref from the scene 3ds Max no longer switched to Japanese and Deadline hasn’t thrown any errors.

Austin Reed

Glad to hear you’ve got things running again!

I will say that I’m extremely surprised it switched the language of the application for you…

Cheers

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences