AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Feature requests?

Is the forum a good place for feature requests? I have a few questions about things I need to be able to do in a school setting.

1. Can you have the ability to limit and/or force priority value per user or user group? You have a global setting, but once that’s been set even an administrator can’t put the priority higher, unless they adjust the main setting. Basically, I want to be able to set any priority I want as the admin / renderwrangler… but I don’t want students to be able to set it higher than 50. If this is in the program, how do you do this?

2. For submission scripts with the preview frames / dependent frames ability… I’d like it to render the previews… and then suspend the dependent frames until a renderwrangler un-suspends them. Right now the preview frames feature isn’t useful because students cannot be trusted to be “honest” about their renders. (yes, I’ve asked for this one before)

3. A tool in the Monitor that could install the submission script for the currently logged in user. Basically, load up Deadline… maybe go to menu Scripts>Install Submitter>name of DCC submitter - Monitor would then install the required submission script to any available iteration of the DCC program that is installed. Deploying the mel scripts with AD login scripts / PDQ Deploy isn’t working too well. Way more elegant if Deadline Monitor did it.

1. you could do it with pretty simple event script, OnJobSubmittedCallback would probably be the best choice. Then you can just disable the ability to change priority in the monitor for the user groups that you want to.
  1. I enquired about a similar feature, Edwin made me a Priority Clamp option which allowed this

github.com/ThinkboxSoftware/Dea … orityClamp

(Thanks again Edwin!)

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … stallation

I’m guessing you’ve got the perms locked down for the application so the DeadlineMayaClient.mel script will already be there, the UserSetup.mel could be done manually by the students (get em used to trashing the prefs etc!)

Deadline Monitor did have a feature where you could select all the integrated scripts, but you’ll most likely run into permissions issues.

I tried the priorityClamp script and it didn’t work for me as I assume I didn’t set it right. I loaded it up to the central Repository, added it to the Event Plugins, put in the names of my usergroups and set the values… and lo and behold, people in the “students” group could set priorities over what I specified.

Would be a great help if this was a feature in the software itself. I could see it as a feature in the User Groups settings since there are a bunch of other controls in there.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences