AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini Conflict - need to have Submitter and Shotgun Toolkit at the same time

Hi,

I have been trying to get both the Deadline Submitter and the Shotgun Toolkit to work together but no luck. I can have one or the other but not both.

Deadline V10.0.8.3
Houdini V16.5.268
Shotgun Toolkit - latest

If I have a houdini.env file with the two variables cited at docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … stallation I get the Deadline Submitter and no Shotgun Toolkit.

If I remove this file, I get Shotgun Toolkit and no Deadline Submitter.

How can I get both to happily co-exist?

Thank you!

Adding my other user name here to actually get email replies - ignore this.
Thanks.

Hey raitch/robaitchsion,

From my own local tests, if you have that houdini.env with our values in, and launch Houdini through Shotgun Desktop, both will work. Do you have the shotgun toolkit installed differently or using it differently?

There might be an issue with us just straight up overriding a value that Shotgun is setting somewhere else, so one thing you could try is to modify those two values to look like this (with the paths you’ve specified instead of “[HOU SUBMITTER DIR]”):

HOUDINI_PATH = "$HOUDINI_PATH;[HOU SUBMITTER DIR];&"
HOUDINI_MENU_PATH = "$HOUDINI_MENU_PATH;[HOU SUBMITTER DIR];&"

Let me know if that makes it work.

Cheers,
Morgan

Hi Morgan,

Yes, including the $HOUDINI_PATH string in the houdini.env file fixes it. I assumed the & symbol would deal with that but it did not.

Thanks again for the help!

Thanks for testing that out for us!

Looking at the Houdini docs, the reason the ampersand, &, isn’t working seems to be because it only adds the ‘default’ path for that variable.

Thus, if Shotgun is modifying that variable (HOUDINI_PATH), it obviously wouldn’t be in the default paths, thus we were probably overriding it if they were setting it before us.

You could always compare the two Houdini environments if you’re curious. Once again from their docs, if you use the hconfig.exe you can use this to see the difference with and without the $HOUDINI_PATH/$HOUDINI_MENU_PATH string.

Cheers
Morgan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences