AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Cinema 4D renderes stalling our racks

Most C4D + Redshift renders are stalling our nodes. Has anyone experienced the same problem? It renders perfectly with Maya all the time but if we submit from C4D more than half the times it crashes or stalls. Even a very simple scene. But if we render locally it doesn’t happen.
No error message.

Would be great to have some assistance on this. Tks

Hello!

“Stalling Nodes” - Stalling the slaves or the machine itself? Have you tried disabling Cinema4D batch in the submitter?

“Cinema4D Crashing” - Are you getting any system logs that indicate why?

Regards,

Charles

Hi Charles,

I’ve tried both with and without Batch. Still happens.

It stalls/crashes the machine.
I’ts a 8gpu machine - 3 slaves 3x3x2 GPU Affinity.

It happens randomly at any job.

Maya runs smoothly.

What OS? Are you able to retrieve any system logs? Do you get a blue screen?

Windows 10

Sometimes I get blue screens yes. I’ll look for system logs.

This are the Windows events I could find at the time of today’s crash. Is there any specific logs I should look for?
SysEvents.rar (3.1 KB)

Are you opening the C4D app on the box and running the render? You’ll need to reserve one of the cards for the app or it’ll be crashing all the time, better to run a c4d commandline or export to .rs

Try reserving one of the cards for the system and seeing if it still crashes

Any reason for not running 4x2cards rather than the 3,3,2?

Are you matching your graphics driver with the RS build?

There is another thread with a linux C4D request, if you think that may help add your voice to that thread

Are you opening the C4D app on the box and running the render? You’ll need to reserve one of the cards for the app or it’ll be crashing all the time, better to run a c4d commandline or export to .rs

No we are using Comandline.

Try reserving one of the cards for the system and seeing if it still crashes

The box already has a on board card reserved.

Any reason for not running 4x2cards rather than the 3,3,2?

We find that it’s more stable like this.

Are you matching your graphics driver with the RS build?

What do you mean?

There is another thread with a linux C4D request, if you think that may help add your voice to that thread

It’s probable that they will have a Linux Comandline soon but not the full C4D unfortunately.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences