AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline 9 WOL problem

Hello,

I’m trying to get the WOL working on my machines.
My problem is when i’m testing everything works, i can remotly starts the machines, pulse is running, everything is good.
Then on the next morning when the machines have been shutdown by deadline because of long inactivity, the WOL doesn’t work anymore.
If I start manually then everything goes well again.
My computers have a dynamic IP, is this the problem? is there any workaround? by IPMI?

Thank you

Hello,

Can you give us a bit more info on the manually start of them? Do you mean through the Monitor, actually going to the machines and manually starting them, or something else? Thanks.

I’ve seen machines which have trouble waking from certain power states. For example, our farm way back in the day had a set of network cards which would only successfully wake if the machine had been freshly connected to power. If you had shut down or suspended the machine it wouldn’t wake properly.

Your problem here sounds strangely similar, and I don’t think the team I’m on ever was able to figure it out, and I’d trust them to get to the bottom of that kind of thing. I’m just wondering if you could elaborate on what you meant by “manually”.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences