AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Documentation for streamlined installation process?

Ok, great news, you dramatically streamlined the installation and configuration of Deadline 10 in a x.x.x minor release.

Bad news. It broke everything and our deadline now doesn’t work. As I feared before when I criticized the ‘fragility’ of Deadline now… I have no idea where to even start and I suspect it’s now easy to configure but I is there documentation on what is different so that I can modify the necessary new locations for configuration?

Ok, one error I’m getting now is 403 Forbidden on the RCS. Is SSL required now?

Stopping the Deadline Launcher Service also doesn’t stop Proxy Server, RCS or License Forwarder if they’re launched through Deadline.ini? Is that expected behavior or is that something weird my old/new configuration methods is somehow conflicting?

403 was due to the security change where by TLS is the default for RCS now not through a reverse proxy.

Yeah, the default of SSL being on is more security hardening. I’ll bubble up your critiques to the development team so it doesn’t get lost.

We changed the AWS Portal components now and they start up the RCS so they’re able to open up a specific channel to the database. I think you’ll be able to see the process tree via something like process explorer. That also means that to upgrade the AWS Asset Service and Portal Link, you should stop both services. I’ll open an issue for that so they play together nicely.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences