AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Vray Job - enable AWS after submission?

Hey all, just beginning to mess around with AWS stuff, and I noticed that after a job is submitted (vray standalone), there is no way to enable AWS rendering (modify job properties nor right-click resubmit). The only thing is to stop the job and manually submit again.

Am I missing something or can this be added in a future build? My concern is that larger jobs will be submitted without AWS enabled, then when we decide to spin up the spot instances, I’ll have to manually re-submit.

As a workaround, I can preconfigure ALL jobs to enable AWS and then just flip on the AWS group/pool when needed, but button under the modify job settings would be nice too.

Thanks!

Hello!

The enable AWS Rendering is actually a flag to parse the vrscene file to get the proper asset/output paths for the jobInfo. So even if there was a flag on the job it would need to still be resubmitted to re-create the submission parameters. I’ll definitely relay your requests and see what we can do about already submitted jobs the were not previously flagged.

Regards,

Charles

Ah, yeah, that makes sense. I think for now we’re OK submitting all jobs with AWS flicked on, although right now I’m tracking a bug related to that (will post once I know more)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences