AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Renderman Denoise not working for single frame

Hey,

I’m having an issue where if a task has a single frame in it and it is being setup to render with renderman, it will render fine.
But when it calls the denoiser the call is incorrect for single frames so it does not get denoised(it contains brackets).

Is there anyway to fix this in deadline?

Thanks!

Hey Mike,

What application are you using Renderman with? Are you currently using Deadline in your setup? How do you know the incorrect call is being made, can you give a bit more detail on that?

Thanks!

Charles

Hey Charles,

So I found the source of the problem,

Crossframe vs Single frame denoise.

this is a normal crossframe call that you would see, just without a path.
${RMANTREE}/bin/denoise --crossframe -v variance -f default.filter.json {PATH} {1013,1014,1015,1016}.exr

if an artist submits a single frame but in their render settings sets this to crossframe still (which makes 0 sense, but still happens)
you get a call that looks like this
${RMANTREE}/bin/denoise --crossframe -v variance -f default.filter.json {PATH} {1001}.exr

Which would fail, it should be:
${RMANTREE}/bin/denoise --crossframe -v variance -f default.filter.json {PATH} 1001.exr

Even with crossframe you would get a single frame denoised just with out the cross pixel comparison.

So this kind of ended up being a non-issue for us, I just needed to touch base with our lighting department to make sure juniors were submitting their shots correctly.

Thanks!

Hi, Mike.

You’re the only one I can find on the internet that has referenced RenderMan denoising using Deadline. Is there a special setting to make denoising run on a job? When I submit a job the denoise command doesn’t run at all. I’m hoping you can share any insight you might have on it.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences