AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Using auxiliary files in a manual batch job submission

I know you can do a batch submission manually by creating a temp file with the following lines it:

-SubmitMultipleJobs
-job
\\path\to\job_1_info_file.txt
\\path\to\job_1_plugin_file.txt
-job
\\path\to\job_2_info_file.txt
\\path\to\job_2_plugin_file.txt
-job
\\path\to\job_3_info_file.txt
\\path\to\job_3_plugin_file.txt

Then you just pass the temp file to deadlinecommand.

This worked really well for a series of ffmpeg jobs I submitted. However, I now want to do the same with a Python job. A Python job does require an auxiliary file, which is the actual script you want to run on the nodes. I have been looking in the docs, but I cannot figure out how to do it. When you submit from the command line, you can include auxiliary files in the command.

Thanks!

Just keep on adding the aux. files to the -job lists as you would in a command line…

I just took a Max submission, modified the initialArgsFile.txt to contain two -job entries, and executing deadlineCommand with it submitted both jobs (granted, it is the same job twice, but it will work with any files):

-SubmitMultipleJobs
-job
C:\Users\Borislav\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp\1_12_2018_3_55_10_PM\max_submit_info.job
C:\Users\Borislav\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp\1_12_2018_3_55_10_PM\max_job_info.job
C:\Users\Borislav\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp\1_12_2018_3_55_10_PM\untitled.max
-job
C:\Users\Borislav\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp\1_12_2018_3_55_10_PM\max_submit_info.job
C:\Users\Borislav\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp\1_12_2018_3_55_10_PM\max_job_info.job
C:\Users\Borislav\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\temp\1_12_2018_3_55_10_PM\untitled.max

In my case, the .max scene file was the extra auxiliary file. In your case, it would be the python script…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences