AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Submitting Draft job through Deadline Houdini ROP

Hi,

I have been trying to submit a draft job with a Houdini Mantra Deadline ROP. I don’t see anything in the Houdini Main client code to allow me to do that. I can submit a dependant draft job through Monitor’s submission tools but was hoping there would be code-specific ways for me to add that to ROP for our pipeline

Thanks

Shobhit Khinvasara
Pipeline TD
Ingenuity Studios

I’m fairly sure only the classic submitter supported Draft. The new ROP submission doesn’t support it quite yet, but I’ll go chat with the integration team to see where we’re at and how we might implement that.

Here’s the docs for all three submitters:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … udini.html

Did any Draft options ever make it into the Deadline ROP? Alternatively, anyone have any suggestions for how to add a Draft job to every render job?

We use an OnJobFinished event plugin to trigger a draft job for every render, but that requires a bit of coding.

Yeah, I can easily do things with an OnJobFinished event script, but what I really need is OnTaskFinished, and afaik that doesn’t exist. I don’t mind /some/ coding, but I’d rather avoid having to hack into SubmitHoudiniToDeadlineFunctions.py’s SubmitRenderJob (where SonarLint tells me to ‘Refactor this function to reduce its Cognitive Complexity from 789 to the 15 allowed’)!

For OnJobFinished you do not need to modify the submitter - you just write the event plugin, and it will pick up any job (you can check whether it is a render e.g. by looking at the output path).

Yeah the submitter functions are terribly structured, and reading them is eyebleed material.

Yeah, for sure I can add an OnTaskFinished event script, and that is my fallback. But what I’m really trying to do is generate proxy jpegs after every frame rendered. The idea being that the users can run a flipbook of the render in progress quickly, whereas flipbooking the giant .exr’s with tons of AOVs is super slow. And then the OnTaskFinished can slurp the proxy jpegs to create an uploadable .mov.

Ah I see. Unfortunately there is no on task finished event…
So you want to convert exrs to jpegs using Draft?

By the way in the rendering ROPs you have postframe and postrender scripts?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences