AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Nuke: Evaluate variables before submission?

Hi,

I’m new to setting up deadline, so this may be a dumb question. In Nuke, I use some python/tcl variables to parse the filename and procedurally generate output paths in my write nodes and also to dynamically load CDLs that correspond to each shot. For example, my write node output path may be something like:

[python {os.path.dirname(nuke.root()['name'].value())]/renders/

So that the write node always outputs to a “/render” subfolder in whatever folder the script is saved in.

Anyway, when I submit a script to deadline, it copies it to a local temp directory (C:\Users<user>\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10) and of course then outputs to a “/render” folder in that temp directory, not the original script directory.

Similarly, it looks to load the CDL from the temp directory instead of from the original script dir and errors out when it can’t find the file.

Is there any way to force it to evaluate variables before submitting the script to deadline, or, less ideally, is there a way to render the script in place instead of copying it locally first?

Thanks

Hi,

Yeah, we are trying to be helpful here and copy the nk script local so we can automatically path map it when rendering cross-platform.

However, for your setup that isn’t ideal. If you don’t need path mapping, which very much sounds like you don’t as your in control of all your asset file-pathing, then you can just disable the local copy for all Nuke jobs at the Nuke plugin level here:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … figuration

Oh perfect. I had actually seen the bit about path mapping and made sure there were no path mapping entries in the repository options but missed the setting in the Nuke plugin. Everything works great now.

Thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences