AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Set custom search path in deadline.ini?

Is there any way to set the location of an out-of-repository custom directory (i.e. reproduce the functionality of the DEADLINE_CUSTOM_PATH environment variable) using the deadline.ini file?

Thanks.

Hello!

Doesn’t look like there is currently. Are you running into any specific issues with the environment variable solution?

Regards,

Charles

No, I’m not trying to use it yet, although I’d like to. However, when running a daemonized launcher on Linux, setting environment variables that the slave will pick up requires modifying the launcher script after the client is installed. A config option seems like a no-brainer here.

Seems like an easy add to me after reading the source code (could be wrong here). I’ll throw in a Git issue and see where we get.

I don’t see any other INI properties in this area, so it may be a policy issue that I don’t realize.

We would find this useful!

Added you as a +1 on that Kym.

Thinking about this a little more, wouldn’t this make more sense as a setting in the Repository Options? While there are probably edge-case instances where you would want different clients to use different custom code locations, I imagine that the vast majority of usage would just be a single external path per repository.

This should also be able to be set separately per platform.

I’ve added that as an additional request.

I think the edge case is that developers often want their own machines to use their local scripts. Usually I recommend having a completely separate repo, I think that forces a workflow that others might not agree with. It’d also be less effort to work on existing jobs.

The plumbing from the Database is going to be a bigger ask, but thanks for bringing it up Nathan.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences