AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Plugin settings - Programmatic access to the UI

Hello,

based on this:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … e-optional

is there a way i can add a bunch of integer fields on a plugin that are only enabled once a check box is enabled?
rs_memory_settings.PNG

I have the options from above already added, but to make it more fool proof, id like to drive some of the settings based on that check box.

is this possible?

Cheers
Kym

Sadly, no. Those are driven entirely based on the presence of data fields in the param file and there’s no backing code to it.

Something else too is that its the only place we support changing values for the plugin file, so you can’t build a job right-click script for this either…

Do you think that might work out better in theory? I’m not sure what technical limitations there are to setting the plugin info file… Maybe something can go wrong if someone tried modifying them when the Slave had a copy.

Hey Edwin thanks for the reply.

So the best solution i could come up with is to have a help/ description that includes the extra information as well as code in the plugin to ignore those values.
we are gonna need more real estate in the job settings panel, when can we stack multiple options per line?

Cheers
Kym

That’ll be a long ways out I think, but I’ll add it in as a feature request.

I think what would be most helpful (if possible) would be to allow building it out as we do the Monitor submitters, just where the size of the window would be constrained. We could then drop in a template script that would operate like the old one did (reads in options files, builds interface) and go with that.

Update: Reflecting on it a bit, it’s not often users spend too much time with that UI. Maybe there’s something we can adjust in their workflow?

For the most part our tds and wranglers spend allot time in this panel.
Ideally, for frame fixes, we dont want to have to reopen the maya file to change renderer settings, save the file and resubmit it.
I can see it being quicker for a small shop to reopen and resend, but for us its a no go.

but +1 for config like the submission panels.

Solid. I’ve made that dev issue now. It need some fleshing out, so feel free to throw ideas at the wall over here.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences