AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

The following elements will not be saved

What could cause this???
I did not set anything to cause this and it keep happening.
Any clue?

Can you provide more info, logs, screenshots, anything really… :smiley:

I wish I can give more info.
We have Deadline job randomly not saving any render elements.
Only abnormal(?) thing is I see this message in the log.

Looking at the code, it is not abnormal.

That message is printed when there are Elements that were specified, but the output was set to an OpenEXR with layers, so some or all the Render Elements data will be stored in the single beauty pass render output. Thus, we print a message explaining which render elements will not be saved as individual files.

The job properties contain entries called IgnoreRenderElementsByName% listing all render elements that will be ignored.

The submitter first looks at the extension of the render output file and if it is EXR or FXR, it checks to see if the function fopenexr.isAutoAddRenderElements() returns true. If it does, then any active render elements that are not missing and are not a VRayOptionRE are added to the list. If fopenexr.isAutoAddRenderElements() returns false, we look through any manually specified Render Elements in the OpenEXR layers, and collect their names.

So you should check the main render output of the 3ds Max render dialog, and see if the OpenEXR plugin was configured to either include the render elements automatically as layers, or if the artist added layers to the list manually.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences