AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Power Managment -> Machine startup

Hey!

So, i am playing around abit with the ability to auto start up render machines.

We are using a couple of machines that we would like to start up just when needed, and this solution would be good.

I have added on machine in the test, but, i get an issue on the limit, but, i have the machine added in the limit. Both when i submit, and i have manually added it after in job prop.

This is the log from pulse

Checking job “PE661143_v03” (5a82a01c8912044f483f933d)
Checking slaves in Machine Group “Startuptest”

• job is not part of a pool, any slaves that are included in the ‘none’ pool should be woken up
  • job is not part of a group, any slaves that are included in the ‘none’ group should be woken up
  • slaves that are candidates to be woken up based on the job’s pool, group, and bad slave list: COMSEELM-NT4000
  • checking slave COMSEELM-NT4000
    • slave is not valid because of job’s limit

This is print from settings

From SMTD in max

Using Max 2017, and Deadline 10.0.8.4

I thing I found something, thanks to the other tread having issues. I removed the 2 limits we had for some reason under job prop " limits"

And now i got the below output from Pulse

Results from last Machine Startup check:
Checking job “Azure_test.max - [AZURE-I - QR 3.0.0]” (5a82d13f7d1b351c148792a9)
Checking slaves in Machine Group “Startuptest”

• job is not part of a pool, any slaves that are included in the ‘none’ pool should be woken up
  • job is not part of a group, any slaves that are included in the ‘none’ group should be woken up
  • slaves that are candidates to be woken up based on the job’s pool, group, and bad slave list: COMSEELM-NT4000
  • checking slave COMSEELM-NT4000
    • waking up offline slave COMSEELM-NT4000 because it is required to render job “Azure_test.max - [AZURE-I - QR 3.0.0]”
    • Maximum number of required slaves have been told to wake up for this machine group’s interval
      DEBUG MODE - slaves in group “Startuptest” will not actually be woken up
      Executing command (“C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe –file C:\Azure\Deadline_start_stop_Azure.ps1 {COMSEELM-NT4000} Start/Stop”) to wake up slaves

These are the limits i manually removed…

I found them in SMTD, and i have succefully removed vray. But Max will not disappear, thought i have unchecked all.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences