AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Getting Temp from Geiss Watchdog 15

Don’t know if anyone has experience with this device?

I’ve got what I’m reasonably sure is the correct OID but Deadline is complaining that it’s not getting either an integer or string value.

Interestingly, the unit claims that it gives temp as a 32-bit integer in 0.1 degree increments, which seems oxymoronic, unless they’re expecting you to multiply the output or something?

I’ll add any info I get from their support here, but in the meantime any thoughts would be welcome!

Cheers,

Simon

So I got a reply from the tech people with a revised OID and the fact that it multiplies the temperature by 10, so our current server room temp of 86.3*F is reported as 863. Awesome!

So will Deadline care if I set the threshold to, say, 1050*F?

I’ll have a play and report back!

Simon

Mmm… Yeah, Deadline isn’t going to let you put in a value larger than 100 in “re-enable machine startup when temperature returns to” which even without your 10x problem is pretty darn low for Fahrenheit or Kelvin temperatures…

We have an issue for this, and it’s a quick fix so I’ll raise it with the dev team.

Hey Edwin,

That’s awesome, thanks!

Just so you know, (in DL9) it will accept the shutdown threshold of 1050, but the highest I can get the restart value to is 391*F… :wink:

Simon

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences