AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Power Management Machine startup / shutdown "Run command"

Hej,

The option “run command”, if i would where to add the below , is the pulse machine the one trying to run the .cmd file then?

We tried to do the below, but got this error. which makes me below that it´s actually the server that runs the pulse that tried to execute the command.

Could not run wake up command for COMSEELM-NT4000 (COMSEELM-NT4000) because: Failed to spawn process “C:\Azure\Deadline_start_test.cmd” with “” arguments because: The system cannot find the file specified (System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception) (System.Exception)

I believe Pulse runs the startup (because, well, the render node is powered off) and the render node runs the shutdown.

Hey

Thanks, yes, the node is offline, so that one will not run the command, but the scenario for us was as below

We run the Pulse on a different server, the one we have installed the REPO from.

I as a super user set up and manage via Deadline Monitor and super user mode on my laptop.

So i set up the power management, and added the custom command file on my disc, so i thought it would run the command from my machine. But it looks as you said, that the pulse machine is actually executing the file.

Thanks,

Ah, that makes some sense. With Deadline, when specifying file paths anywhere we will access that path directly and often apply path mapping before we do so. This is similar to specifying the Pre/Post Job scripts.

I’m happy you have it working!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences