AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Fume FX incorrect job name

Hi,
We are using Deadline10 at work and I submit some FumeFX simulation in the farm with the deadline submitter, I can choose the Job name, and it’s the name of the scene but when it appears in the deadline monitor, it’s look like he don’t care about the job name, it just appears as “3ds Max Deadline Job [MAXSCRIPT]”.

It’s a bug or I’m doing something wrong ?

Deadline Client Version: 10.0.10.4 Release
FranticX Client Version: 2.4.0.0 Release
Repository Version: 10.0.10.4
Integration Version: 10.0.10.4
3PL Settings Version: 28/11/2017
3dsmax 2018.4
FumeFX 4.1.1

Thanks a lot for your help.
Kind regards,
Olivier

I think this is just a bug / edge case we hadn’t considered. I’ll log it.

I’m not sure why we’d override the name when submitting a MaxScript file (which I believe is what is handling the sim)…

The Job Name is not the only property that got left behind.
Looking at the code, we are missing pretty much everything from the top of the SMTD panel, including Priority, Pool, Secondary Pool, Group, Department, and even User Name (which is rarely customized, but anyway).

It is very easy to fix:

• Navigate to wherever your Repository is installed.
  • Go to Submission\3dsmax\Main\Workflows\ subfolder.
  • Open the file SMTDWorkflow_FumeFX.ms in the MAXScript editor or another text editor.
  • Locate the function fn submitJob =
  • Modify the definition of the SettingsToRestoreArray to include all the properties that were forgotten, then save the file.
			local SettingsToRestoreArray = #(#JobName, #Comment, #UserName, #PoolName, #Pool2Name, #Group, #Priority, #Department, #LimitEnabled, #MachineLimit, #MaxTasksPerSlave, #LimitTasksToNumberOfCpus, #SubmitAsSuspended, #TaskTimeoutEnabled, #AutoTaskTimeout, #RestartMax, #TaskTimeout, #MaxVersionToForce, #OnComplete, #JobIsInterruptible)

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience! I will make these changes on our side so future updates of Deadline 10 will have this fixed. Also I suspect there might be some more settings that could get lost, I will take a closer look.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I’ll transfer that to the IT so he can do the fix.

Thank you very much

Olivier Antignac

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences