AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

[Bug] 3dsmax, xmesh with missing proxy path submission error

If an xmesh node is set to render the proxy path, but has no proxy filename set, the deadline submission will crash in:
SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms
At lines:

local theBaseFilename = anXMeshLoader.renderSequence if anXMeshLoader.renderSequenceID == 1 do theBaseFilename = anXMeshLoader.proxySequence if doesFileExist theBaseFilename do

with an:

MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception:
– Unable to convert: undefined to type: FileName <<

error

Hi Laszlo! This is … interesting.

When I create an XMesh Loader, the .proxySequence property is “”, not undefined.
In fact, I cannot even ASSIGN undefined to it, as it throws an error because the paramBlock knows it should be of type FileName.

So how the heck did that property end up as undefined?
Obviously we can add a test for undefined, but we never expected it to have that value. Can you confirm that it is the property .proxySequence that is undefined, and not something else?

Also, what version of XMesh Loader are you running?

Yep, its undefined! Leave it to us to find some odd bugs for ya :slight_smile:

The loader’s gui says its version 1.3.5.59418

[code]anXMeshLoader.renderSequence

“\inferno2\projects\fall\scenes\ENV_WAF_0000\cache\common\xmesh\islands\v0021_msk_initial\mesh_m_high_treeMeshLowerBGA_002\mesh_m_high_treeMeshLowerBGA_002_0951.xmesh”[/code]

[code]anXMeshLoader.renderSequenceID

1[/code]

[code]anXMeshLoader.proxySequence

undefined[/code]

There actually already is a if theBaseFilename != undefined do conditional in the SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms code a little later, but it doesn’t encapsulate the if doesFileExist theBaseFilename do block of code. So i just moved it in there for a quick fix.

Ancient version brings surprising bugs.
My version is 1.5.0.13.

I might have to switch to 1.3.5 and see what it does :astonished:

Time to find my amazon login… :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences