AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya scene export > render workflow

Dear all.

I’m curious if it is possible to make this 2 steps happened with only 1 submission from Maya? Or what is the workflow to automate this 2 step in Deadline?

First step is that Maya scene get sent to Deadline with “conversion” pool, which will use Maya to export scene into their respective render engine formats, ie: .rs for Redshift, .vrscene for Vray and etc.

Second step is that the scene exported above would be picked up by the standalone version of render engine with a different pool.

That should already exist. Check out the “Deadline Job Type” dropdown. It’ll give you more options in the bottom rollouts:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … export-job

The main submission becomes the export job while the render job is for the standalone app. Just configure your pools and groups the way you like and you should be good to go.

Hi. thank you for chiming in. After the export job, a new job for rendering would need to be submit separately. I’m curious if this second step can be automated. Any pointer please?

Just tick the “Submit Dependent VRAY Standalone Render Job” and it should also automatically send dependent render job.
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … export-job

Ahh I see, thank you!.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences