AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline render issues with Redshift on local machine

Hi

I am currently having a strange problem when sequence rendering in Deadline. I am trying out Deadline render manager with Maya and Redshift, and have set up a local repository and database on my main machine, and have been carrying out some initial sequence renders.

I am rendering a textured character animation complete with rigged geometry. When I render within Maya, the result is as expected. Similarly, when I batch render from Maya, the results are fine. But when I submit to Deadline, the textures become distorted and appear as though some form of hidden mesh is inter-penetrating the main textures characters. I have checked and can confirm that there are no additional meshses within the file. Unfortunately I cannot submit an example render as the content is restricted under confidentiality for the moment, but hopefully the description is sufficient to give an idea of the result.

I am wondering if anyone would have any suggestions as to why there would be a different result out of Deadline compared to batch rendering directly out of Maya. Just a reminder that both renders are being carried out locally without any networking, so the renders are sourcing everything from the same location. I have also tried submitting the scene file at render-time, disabling Maya Batch and have also imported all referenced files into the scene. I have made the scene as simplified as possible and yet the problem remains. The only common factor is that the corruption happens when it is submitted via Deadline, so I’m trying to identify any processes that would likely cause the renderer to behave differently.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Craig

Nothing that I can think of within Deadline should directly affect this. Are you submitting a fresh job each time, or re-queuing an existing one? I just wonder if a scene’s been submitted with the job that wasn’t exactly right, but I can’t think of how some ghost geometry might come in.

If you’d like to see the Melscript Deadline is passing to MayaBatch, you can enable that in the plugin configuration:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … #mayabatch (see “Log Script Contents To Render Log”)

You can also try disabling Batch mode altogether to push the render through. That will avoid writing any melscript at all and will rely only on the command line flags. You’ll lose some of the more advanced features however.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences