AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Rebuild Render Elements

Hi,

I’ve been doing some work on an internal use SMTD to help streamline the process for new designers in the office, but I’ve noticed that when submitting through a custom submitter some render elements fail to update their file paths.

Within the submitter function the following settings are used in regards to elements yet some elements are still saved incorrectly to an older location.

SMTDSettings.RebuildRenderElements = true
  SMTDSettings.RenderElementsUpdateFilenames = true
  SMTDSettings.RenderElementsUpdatePaths = true
  SMTDSettings.RenderElementsIncludeNameInPath = true

When submitting the files through the Deadline SMTD the elements’ paths are updated and the rendered files are saved correctly. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

I’ll see if Mike or Bobo might have an idea there… They know the SMTD code best.

The first question I have to ask is: How does the custom submitter perform the submission?

The property SMTDSettings.RebuildRenderElements is used only once in the SMTD code within the function SMTDFunctions.SubmitJobFromUI(). If the custom submitter is implementing its own submission routine and does not call SMTDFunctions.SubmitJobFromUI(), then all the Render Element rebuilding settings will be completely ignored unless you make sure your own function calls SMTDFunctions.RebuildRenderElements() at some point.

Similarly, the property SMTDSettings.RenderElementsUpdatePaths controls whether the function SMTDFunctions.RenderElementsUpdatePaths() will be called during the execution of SMTDFunctions.SubmitJobFromUI(). Again, if you are not calling SMTDFunctions.SubmitJobFromUI() yourself, you should add a call to SMTDFunctions.RenderElementsUpdatePaths() to your own submission function.

Take a look at the source code inside the \Repository\submission\3dsMax\Main\SubmitMaxToDeadline_Functions.ms and locate the fn SubmitJobFromUI definition. Then look where those properties enable the calls to the respective Render Element rebuilding and path updating function mentioned above…

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks Bobo, I’ll take a look at this and if I need any additional help I’ll chime in. Thanks, again.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences