AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

FumeFX wavelet sim

Hi,
I was looking in the forum but didn’t found anything about that, and not sure if it’s for deadline of FumeFX support.
We are using deadline 10 and the submitter feature to send fumeFX simulation in the farm and it works perfectly, but when I put fumeFX on wavelet sim mode to simulate the wavelet and put it in the farm, it re-simulate the default mode.
Did I miss an option somewhere in the submitter ? Or maybe it’s fumeFX that don’t send the good info to deadline to say that it is in wavelet sim mode ?

Deadline Client Version: 10.0.10.4 Release
FranticX Client Version: 2.4.0.0 Release
Repository Version: 10.0.10.4
Integration Version: 10.0.10.4
3PL Settings Version: 28/11/2017
3dsmax 2018.4
FumeFX 4.1.1

Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
Olivier

Hey Olivier! Can you go into more detail about “it re-simulate the default mode”? I’m not familiar with FumeFX, so I’ll need as much information as you can give me here so I can research it.

For FumeFX simulations, you would just need to follow the usual recommendations here:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … umefx.html

Oh, my bad.

The script that is being run by Deadline uses an argument of 0, which meas “default simulation”.

See docs.afterworks.com/FumeFXmax/De … FumeFX.htm

The FumeFX workflow scripts should be modified to respect the simulation option.

You can hack your way to Wavelets by locating the file
\DeadlineRepository\submission\3dsmax\Main\Workflows\MAXScriptJob_SimulateFumeFX.ms
and changing the code at the end of it - see my --> comment

local theFumeFX = execute (du.GetJobInfoEntry "FumeFXToSimulate")
	local theIndex = du.CurrentFrame
	if theIndex < 1 or theIndex > theFumeFX.count do du.FailRender "Index Out Of Range!"
	local theObject = getNodeByName theFumeFX[theIndex]
	theObject.BackBurnerSim = true
	theObject.RunSimulation 2 --> BOBO: this was previously 0	

du.LogMessage ("Finished FumeFX Simulation Job in "+ ((timestamp() - st)/1000.0) as string + " sec.") --output the job duration
	true--return true if the task has finished successfully, return false to fail the task.
)--end script

Save the file, then submit a job.

In fact, since the script is packed as an auxiliary file with the job, you could go to a job you already submitted, right click it in the Monitor, explore the Aux. Files folder, and modify the copy of the above script there! This will change the behavior of only that simulation job, while modifying the one in the above Repository path would change any future submissions, which might not be a good idea. Be sure to check the option in the Job Properties to re-sync all auxiliary files if you are modifying an already submitted script.

I will add that control to the Workflow script ASAP! (I am traveling today, so it might take a day or two for the fix to become available…)

Hello,

Ok super cool thanks a lot for your help Bobo.
And yeah I’ll for now do it just on the concerned job 'cause I simulate way more default mode than wavelet.

Thanks a lot,
Olivier Antignac

Turns out the Sim. Mode is exposed as (duh!) .SimMode by the FumeFX object.
So all you need to do is modify the one line in the simulation script to pass that property as argument to the sim. function!

theObject.RunSimulation theObject.SimMode

I have not tested it yet, but I expect it to work correctly. Give it a try…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences