AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini Deadline HDA bug

Hey guys, just thought I’d let you know that the Deadline HDA doesn’t really see the Houdini FETCH node.

Problem:
I just had a massive queue of File Caches set up, and brought them in the ROP context via Fetch nodes. Connected them to the Deadline HDA and pressed Submit to Deadline, and watched the Monitor fill in nicely with the Fetch tasks. Problem was the Fetch nodes weren’t writing the files, so I imagine the HDA just sees the Fetch node but doesn’t act on it or execute it.

(Temporary) Solution:
Instead of using a Fetch nodes I opted for Geometry nodes. The files write perfectly, however I had to manually go in and set my frame ranges to match the different ones that had already been set up via the File Cache node in SOPs.

So yeah, that was a workaround, just thought I’d suggest that maybe the Deadline HDA can do something about the Fetch node?

Thanks,

• Fred

This sounds pretty familiar. I think we might just need to special-case more node types, but what version of Deadline are you seeing that on? I’m assuming Deadline 10, but which service pack? It’ll be in the Monitor’s about panel and look like this:

Repository Version: 10.0.11.1 (b0f2000be)

Because it’s an integrated submission script, the Repo version is the most important part for me over here.

Hey Edwin, we’re running Repository Version: 10.0.9.4 (b6c080b1a).

Well, there goes that then. I’ll go open a developer issue for this one.

Would you be willing to create and send over a simple project to show that? It does help quite a bit here.

Hi
Has this been fixed? We are still at 10.0.8.3 but will upgrade in a couple of weeks.

-b

Not at the moment. I’ve added you as a +1 to the issue though.

Sweet!

-b

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences