AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Ignore missing external files is " ignored"

Hey,

So, today a strange thing happend. We have a 3dsmax submit that don´t wanna work with the Ignore missing external files options.

From what i can find, we have all the right boxes checked, but still the job fails when hitting the farm. Am i missing something obvious here?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the issue is that you are running in Workstation mode, not in Slave mode.
I am not sure if this is As Designed or unexpected, but when Max is in full UI mode, I assume we can suppress a lot less of what is happening with its notification systems. Does the feature work if the submission has Force Workstation disabled (“Render In Slave Mode: true”)?

Hey Bobo,

I not sure about that, we run all of our jobs on workstation mode, to be able to use DR. We have supressed this types of error sucessfully for years, but for some reason, this job just don´t want to. I´m posting this cos i don´t want this to replicate into a big problem with all our renders.

Hey ,

So the “issue” is showing it self from time to time here. And i cant make sense of it. We had one this morning, and i did some test submissions to see if i could get it to work. But all the stuff i tested failed.

I tested to resubmitt the job from max, not using workstation mode. = fails also.

Here are all the loggs from deadline, if someone has the time to look in to this?

[attachment=1]running_slave.txt[/attachment]

[attachment=0]running_wsmode.txt[/attachment]

Thanks in advance

Best
Rickard

I did some digging into this, and the setting is definitely set on the way over and the plugin is passing the command into Lightning and that’s calling this in the Max API:

m_fpi->DefaultActions()->SetAction( TYPE_MISSING_EXTERNAL_FILES, DEFAULTACTIONS_LOGTOFILE );
		fout << "Ignoring missing external file errors" << endl;

It looks like we’re logging that output to the Lightning log that’s normally included in the error reports when the problem comes from within Max itself. I’ll have to find out where that log lives, but I’m expecting it’s getting there just fine or we’d have bigger problems.

Hey,

Thanks for looking in to it, it´s a bit of a annoying error that dosent make sense to me.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences