AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Submitting to deadline from computer on diferent location

Mouth full title but here is the thing.

I have an work computer at home, with NAS on one side, and on another location is render room with couple nodes and with another NAS.
Both NAS are synced over net and have identical paths, drive letters, everything.
So work computer at home have identical paths setups as render computers.

Now for example shared drive D: on NAS and maya project in there.
Complete project folder is synced for example D:\MayaTestProject

If I submit from home work computer, only that computer can render over deadline and all render nodes are reporting problem (attached an error log).
submission.txt (13 KB)

If I submit from any computer in render room on that other location, all those render nodes renders without issue AND home computer renders fine as well. Home computer is connected to remote server that is on server machine in render room using deadlinercs that is running there.

And I had that working without problem till recently. Only change I made was updating from last 10.0.10.4 to 10.0.11.1 and yesterday to 10.0.12.1 version.
Not sure any more when this stopped working honestly.

Any ideas?
Thanks

According to the error report, Maya is trying (and failing) to load the scene file from “W:/GPUOven/Test/scenes/test.mb”
Is this the NAS drive path in both locations?
Has the file been synchronized to that path when they try to render?

The full error text reported by Maya and captured in the log is:

2018-03-10 10:02:10: 0: STDOUT: Error: file: C:/Users/mirko/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpE43D.tmp line 44: Error reading file. 2018-03-10 10:02:10: 0: STDOUT: Error: file: C:/Users/mirko/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpE43D.tmp line 48: Cannot load scene "W:/GPUOven/Test/scenes/test.mb". Please check the scene path, then try opening the scene on the machine which ran this job to troubleshoot the problem.

Error reading file might mean the file is not there, or is corrupted (but I could be misreading what Autodesk is trying to tell us here). So you should check if the file exists at that path, and if it does, whether Maya can actually open it without Deadline’s control.

As mentioned in first post 100% checked.
File is there, both NAS synced and loading manually in maya from both locations works perfectly.

So files is there - check
not corrupted - check
rendering file from live maya gui - checked
That is why it is problem.

Now if I remember correctly a while ago I had deadline folder location on NAS as well in w:/DeadlineRepository
I also couldn’t submit from remote machine until I made copy of deadline repository folder on local NAS and then it worked.
Now not sure if that has to do with anything by some chance…
But now DeadlineRepository is on server machine and it is a bit of issue… any other chances or?

You have a similar setup - I don’t know if this will solve the issue, but first up, you PROBABLY need 1 repository that all machines have a direct connection to. I personally use zerotier vpn to solve this issue (works on windows machines, synology nas’s, etc. Its great).

Once that is finished, then you may find that it works. I have NAS boxes synced via resilio on all ends, connected to the same repository via zerotier and everything works very well. Note: sometimes I have to wait a few minutes to release my remote machines because if its a new file they are rendering, it will take some time to upload to them.

Actually, this problem is pretty telling:

2018-03-10 10:02:10:  0: STDOUT: Maya binary file parse error:  : (6) corrupted file structure

This is usually because the version of Maya loading the scene is too old to understand the scene file being given to it. I noticed it’s Maya 2018 however. Are you using Maya 2018 Update 1 on the machine that created the scene? Maybe upgrade the other machines too?

That was it… 2018.2 on home and 2018 on render nodes…
thanks…

But missed that completely. forgot that I even updated on home machine and it was loading properly without error on render nodes in maya gui so didn’t even cross my mind…
Thank you and sorry for the noise!

Nah, that’s okay. I’m hoping to have something to help that soon.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences