AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Render in a loop

Hi,

We are having some problem when rendering using deadline. For some reason the same jobs starts again after writing the output. Does someone know something about this?

Best,
George

Not offhand, but it sounds familiar. If it throws an error Deadline will retry.

Can you tell me the Deadline version and the application that Deadline is looping on? It’ll help jog my memory. A render log might be helpful, but I think it’s okay for now. Here’s a rundown of what’ll be helpful:

1. What version of Deadline?
  2. Which application is running?
  3. Does it happen for different scene / project files?
  4. Does it happen for different job types?

I have a feeling it’s probably a Deadline application problem if anything.

Hi,

Thank you for replying. Bellow are my answers to your questions.

1. What version of Deadline?
  • using deadline 10.0
  1. Which application is running?
  • 3ds Max with Vray
  1. Does it happen for different scene / project files?
  • yes, it happen before on a different project - for this project I had no problems before when rendering at lower resolution
  1. Does it happen for different job types?
  • we are only using deadline for 3ds max/vray jobs

I am attaching the report.

Thanks,
George
report.txt (20.8 KB)

This seems like a V-Ray DR Offload log from one of the render Slaves, and it’s at least partly designed to keep running (V-Ray Spawner doesn’t exit).

I’m expecting we’re not catching the errors quite right here. Can you also send a log from a successful task? It should make it easier to find what text should be considered right versus what we’re somehow missing here.

It would also be nice to know how you’re submitting your work to the farm or anything that might be different between one render which does exit and one that doesn’t.

Thanks for the info so far!

Hi,

I am using the Submit To Deadline (3dsCmd) with Vray/Mental Ray DBR (off-load) enabled.

At the moment I am sending new jobs. Will get back to you if the error occurs again.

Thank you for replying!

Best,
George

Hi,

I am attaching a report from a job that did not loop.

Best,
George
report_did not loop.txt (21.6 KB)

Sounds good. I wasn’t able to find any trigger text in the log, but I’ll ask one of the developers if he has any hints on where I can look into this problem.

Thanks you! I switch to 3ds Max Camera Sequencer for now on. Did not had any problems yet.

Best,
George

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences