AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error message - getRenderableCameras - What does it mean?

Hi there,

I’m requesting a bit of assistance in problem solving an error we are getting when attempt to submit a job from Maya to the Deadline manager 8 (using Renderman as the renderer).

Here is the error message that seems to be the issue. We’ve done the simple checks on the camera, submission and scene. Can anyone offer some insight into what might be causing this error?

// Error: file: //seafs2/Render/Deadline8/submission/Maya/Main/SubmitMayaToDeadline.mel line 2112: Number of arguments on call to getRenderableCameras does not match number of parameters in procedure definition.

Regards

We’re trying to get the list of renderable cameras from Maya. I think this problem was that we defined our own “getRenderableCameras” at some point and Autodesk implemented a similar one.

I went and looked in my D10 and D8 Repositories and wasn’t able to find exactly that definition as we renamed it to “deadlineGetRenderableCameras”.

What version of Deadline 8 are you on? I’d try upgrading to the latest version of 8 if you’re not there already:
downloads.thinkboxsoftware.com/

Yeah we are on 8.

This is one of our Campus locations. We did not want to upgrade until the end of term, for fear it might “break” things.

Hmmm. Maybe a test upgrade. Hmmmm

Minor upgrades are pretty safe. The automatic downgrade works great too, so it’s not difficult to revert back. More details are over here:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … ading.html

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences