AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Not all Auxiliary files copying?

I’ve got a job with two Auxiliary files, and they’re present in the job’s repo directory. But only the scene file (a nuke script) seems to have copied to the slave. The job errors out that the second file is missing, and when I look at the slave, the scene is in the given path, but not the second file. Am I missing something in my settings? All the docs say that all the aux files get copied over.

Thanks!

Okay, I have to correct this a bit. The second file was copied, but to the directory a level up from where it was running the script. The script is there, too. So this is kinda weird. Really not clear what’s going on.

That… is not normal.

Are you using a Proxy or Remote Connection Service connection? We’re supposed to sync the folder wholesale when the job starts up. I’m a little skeptical as the SMTD can copy hundreds of files up to the jobs folder and sync it down just fine…

I guess the questions are:

1. Can you provide an example usage? Can I just use DeadlineCommand?
  2. Are you connecting directly to the Repo file file share or via RCS/Proxy?

this sounds a lot like a problem we are having…
a week or so ago some users started to notice that their auxiliary .max files was not showing up on the repository, and their jobs started to fail …

then in the following days this spread and now almost all users have this problem!

we are running max 2016 sp4 and deadline 8.0.13.3 and submit via render pass manager for max … and we have not changed anything in either max or deadline for a long time!

the “fun” thing is that if we submit 10 jobs from a machine, 2 might go through, and 8 will fail, then if we submit again, some other jobs might go through…

my best guess is some windows update might be messing with something?

the fix we are currently using is to submit the jobs using the “save and submit the current scene file to user-defined network path” in rpmanager!

the repository server is running microsoft windows server version 6.1 build 7601 sp1
and the users are running windows 10 enterprise build 16299

small update … if I make a 3 mb .max file … it’s not a problem … then after adding a few VERY heavy objects the same file at 800 mb fails every time …
I have emailed the logs to the support email … hope this helps!

ps these tests were done without rpmanger just to remove an error source!

Are you seeing the issue where the files are copied up a level, or are they not coming over at all? The first issue sounded like a Core (Slave) level and not an Integration (3DS Max scripts) issue.

We found the solution to this yesterday, the files were not being copied at all … only the “small ones”!
so out It guys finnaly found the error, and it was some windows protocol thing that was crashed/broken …

so after fixing windows we can now again submit files of all sizes :slight_smile:

Lovely! One down, original post to go!

So, for future generations, let us know if you see aux files somehow copying up a level in the jobs folder. That’s a pretty weird one.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences