AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Mapped Paths & Drives

Hello,

I used to set Mapped Drives in our repository, because windows (7 & 10) used to disconnect sometimes the drives.
(support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel … ay-be-lost)
I still need to test the windows solution : net config server /autodisconnect:-1

But, since i’ve made some change on Mapped Paths (to replace a drive for a specific region), i had to deactivate my Mapped Drives.
It seems that Drives rules overrides Paths ones ( to be confirmed)

I was just wondering why, Mapped Drives are not linked to Region ?
So i could mapped different letters by region.

-p-

That’s a really good question. :smiley:

I opened an issue awhile ago for that one. I’ll chase on it over here.

Edit: Is anyone else’s workflow affected by this? If so, how much?

Do you have any idea of when this could be fix ?

thanks !

Not at the moment. I’m wondering if we could write a script though that could do this for you.

Does the user running the Slave have access to remap the drives? We could have a GlobalPreLoad.py file that would remap it. I’m not finding anything in the API we could use to detect the region here, so we might need to get clever on how we do that.

yes the render slaves have access, but you’ll remap before each frame ? :astonished:

Before each job:
docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … preload-py

In fact, I think we really could use pre-task script but that’s not available yet.

Hello

I would be very interested by any solution here.
Since i’ve stop to force Mapped Path because of region, i have a huge number of disconnection and it’s pretty painfull to manage.

thanks

Hello guyz !

I’ve jump on the 16.6 release because of the Mapped Drives by region, i need desperately this feature.

And it looks like something not really working as i was intended.

I’ve fill all my standards path, mostly for all slaves and then i’m doing the specific paths for a specific region.
The first is fine, but i can’t add a 2nd rules on my region, i can only make multiples rules for ‘All regions’.

Can you confirm this ?

thanks
-p-

I wonder if this is a bug because of old regions there.

Somehow you managed to add to “M” drives before based in the same region (“All”) so I don’t know why it would fail now…

[attachment=0]2018-06-13 10_07_35-Configure Repository Options.png[/attachment]

Would you be willing to remove all the “M” drives and see if that helps? I think we need to “upgrade” the drive map data when it’s read into the UI so this doesn’t happen, but in the mean time I’m hoping that’ll help.

hummmm
It looks like i’ve got the bug only in Edit path, not in Add…

I’ve finally created my path successfully without no edition

Is anyone else seeing this? I didn’t have drive mappings before my SP16 upgrade, so steps to reproduce would save me some time if you’re willing to let me know.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences