AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Modo Linux - EmReader - Path mapping issue

I’m doing some testing with Linux on our render farm. For the most part everything is working great. But I’m running into issues with the emReader plugin. It seems like Deadline isn’t seeing the files connected to the emReader items in my scene so it’s not applying path mapping on that path.

I haven’t had a chance to look through the Modo plugin code. But I’m assuming a fix can be made somewhere in there? If so a little guidance on where to look would be very helpful. :slight_smile:

Plugin link

mootzoid.com/plugin/emreader

code to find and swap out emReader file paths

import modo scene = modo.Scene() emReaders = scene.selectedByType('emReader') for emr in emReaders: emChannels = emr.channels() for chan in emr.channels(): if chan.name == 'emRd_flPath': oldPath = chan.get() # swap paths chan.set(newPath)

Thanks!

Hey James,

Unfortunately, on the Slave/Plugin we’re not running in the context of Modo, so we can’t actually make use of this nice code block :cry:.

Modo’s scene files are actually in a known format (IFF) so we perform pathmapping on the binary files. So it would appear to me that our code does not currently pick up the emReader info/chunks in the scene. Feel free to take a stab at that code in the Modo plugin if you’d like :wink:!

In lieu of that, would you mind passing over a basic test scene that uses emReader w/ example paths you want mapped? We can look into adding that functionality going forward (hopefully it ends up being straight forward).

Cheers

Ah I figured as much. I’ll definitely take a stab at the Modo plugin though. I’ll also try to put together a demo scene for you all tomorrow.

Thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences