AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Can't render through Maya submissions

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get Maya jobs up and running for the past few days now. Once I got through all of the dependency issues (some of which I didn’t think were necessary for headless rendering) I’ve come across an issue I’m not too sure about. I’ve attached the log file as well as the environment variables I have the blades sourcing on startup from /etc/profile.d/.

For clarification, all submissions are done through the Monitor, not the in app script. I’ve tried with both MayaBatch and MayaCmd (Render) to no avail.

I’m not sure if this is a Deadline issue, a Maya issue, or an Arnold issue.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey Mike,

Taking a quick look at the log file you posted, Maya is definitely failing to load the Arnold renderer on Maya startup in the Arnold code, which isn’t controlled by Deadline.

Best way to go about debugging this, would be to manually check if something’s wrong with the MtoA installation on those linux blades. Double checking the MtoA by getting it to render outside of Deadline is a good first step.

Cheers

Hi M,

I also posted this over in the Solid Angle support area. It’s supposedly an issue with the MAYA_SCRIPTS_PATH and PYTHONPATH variables, as I’m not using the module file. So definitely not a TB issue.

Cheers,
Mike

Glad to hear there’s been some progress made. Let us know if you get it up and running!

As an aside, was this similar to the issues you were getting when using the integrated Maya submission? Or what were you experiencing?

Cheers

I’ll report back if everything works as planned! Are you referring to the Maya submission script for creating jobs in Maya? If so, I haven’t used that yet. I’m enforcing use of the Monitor application so it’s the only avenue I’ve tried so far.

Cheers,
Mike

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences