AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

No ignore errors option for MtoA(Arnold) render jobs

Maya 2018, Arnold 5, Deadline 10

We have a problem whereby when rendering a scene with aiImage nodes referencing UDIMs(some of which do not exist), causes our deadline render to fail.

We have tried enabling “ignore missing tiles” on the aiImage node, but the errors are still being raised when submitted to deadline and this causes the job to fail.

Rendering locally works fine as the errors get raised, but the render continues to completion.

Is there any way to force deadline to ignore errors?

Thanks

Patrick Macdonald

Halo VFX Pipeline TD

Usually the way we ignore benign errors is to add a standard output handler in the python-based render plugin. If you add it before the one that fails, if it explicitly matches the error Deadline will stop matching output at that point.

The Maya plugin however has the option to disable “strict error checking”. There’s a large list of problems we catch on (in case you would waste time unexpectedly), and you can toggle it on or off. It’s here in the UI:

Thanks Edwin.
Unfortunately, I’m rolling my own deadline submission script.
Can you tell me what I need to add to the plugin or job scripts to enable this?
Thanks again
Patrick

Yup. The plugin file will need “StrictErrorChecking=False” to disable that.

You can find the code it controls in the HandleErrorMessage() function in “[repo]/plugins/MayaBatch/MayaBatch.py”. If you decide to add a custom handler (see InitializeProcess()), make sure to make a copy of the plugin and put it in “[repo]/custom/plugins” so it survives upgrades/downgrades.

Thanks, that seems pretty straight forward to set up.
Thanks for that!

Yeah, the integration guys are pretty clever. Good luck!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences