AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

The Asset Server cannot connect to S3

I’m setting up Deadline10 AWS Portal by following this video youtu.be/niaQ1OWimoI?t=376 and have no issues until configuring asset server paths. I get this validation error.

[attachment=0]error.jpg[/attachment]

Public IP is correct and port 4000 is open. Everything is installed on my local machine. Deadline infrastructure is running. Deadline version 10.0.14.1. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Hey!

So this error can come up for a couple of different reasons. Can you check the logs for the AWS Portal Asset Server and see what they say? They should be located at “C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\AWSPortalAssetServer\logs\awsportalassetserver_controller.log”. Sometimes it can be an IP issue where the IP address we’ve set to allow to access you AWS account is off from what it though it might be, or it could be a different issue with you AWS account security policy. The error message reported in this log should give you a better idea of what is going wrong.

Cheers,
Justin

The issue was with unmapped network drive in the service account. It works now. Thanks for the help.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences