AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

3D Studio Max, importing REVIT files using deadline?

Hi there,

We need to import some quite big Revit files into 3D max 2018, and we noticed that our workstations are using mainly CPU while exporting geometries.

Would it be possible somehow to run this process on deadline and taking advantage of the render farm?

I’m not sure how beneficial that would be - the import process on the max side seems MAINLY single threaded. I’m assuming you could batch multiple RVT to bring in, but I just don’t know how much time that would save and why running through deadline would be a time saver? Maybe I’m just not understanding the issue.

The import process on our workstation uses 99% of CPU available, so does not look like single threaded.

The idea of putting it up on the renderfarm is because we have a lot of CPU available to use which might speed up the process?

Some files take up to 2 hours…

To talk about it at a high level, there are multiple MAXScript hooks that you can use to run some export jobs:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … ptions-tab

Now, how you run the import and save through MAXScript is a bit beyond me, but if someone on your side knows how to do that we can run with it here.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences