AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

texture flickering on Deadline nodes

Hi, I am dealing with an issue where I have flickering in my displacement textures when rendered on the Deadline render nodes. It appears that some nodes are rendering my displacement texture maps with different position coordinates than the other nodes, and this results in flickering in the render:
[attachment=0]texture_flicker_.gif[/attachment]

I’m guessing this is not a issue with Deadline, but an issue with how 3DS Max is interpreting the texture coordinates. We installed the same version of 3DS Max 2018 on all nodes so I’m not sure what’s causing this issue.

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Not sure if this makes any difference but I can note that I’m rendering with V-Ray and the displacement texture is a simple cellular texture map

Hi Jim,

Is the Cellular map set to use UVs, or object space positions?
When rendering procedural maps, 3ds Max takes into account the system units scale. When using object or world space coordinates for the mapping coordinates, this affects the scale of the map. It is theoretically possible that some machines are not being set to the same system units (although I have no idea why this would happen). In such cases, the scale of the map could change.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences