AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

How to choose which Arnold Kick ?

Am I missing something or is there no way to specify to deadline which version of Arnold to use?
There’s only a two places to put kick paths in the plugin config page, and although you can enter multiple paths, I don’t see how deadline would know which one the submitted job requires.

It seems like a situation where the plugin should take the kick path as a job/plugin argument?

Or is there an easier way to handle this?
Thanks in advance for your help
p.

We usually support one major version of any application (Nuke is a bit different given their versioning scheme).

Historically, the way to hack it is to place the path to a different minor into the path of a major and then push the major version along.

If you did want to override that functionality, there’s a function in the standalone Arnold plugin ("[repo]/plugins/Arnold/Arnold.py") that you can override called RenderExecutable and you can do pretty much whatever you want in there.

Thanks Enwin.
Yea, I was wanting to hold off hacking the standard plugin.
Are we able to use environment variables in the path supplied via the plugin settings dialog? That would be a nice solution as I can set the path per-project easily enough that way.

Mmm… You could hack something external to the plugin with this:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … y-cmd-line

It will let you change the full command line using whatever information you can grab from the API. It will be applied before we go and try to run the app, so anything using the standard hooks for that should be fine. I think in some cases we can’t follow that spec and start the sub process manually, but it should work in most scenarios. I think the Media Encoder plugin might cause some problems.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences