AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

SubmitToDeadline auto-populate information

Hi all

First post for the forum. I have been working with Deadline for a long time know and the software is truly great and very straightforward out of the box.

I’m now at a stage where I’m trying to get Maya Submission script to auto-populate with common shot data sourced from the Maya file to make a very streamlined process for job submissions. Info such as the following would be amazing to auto populate:

• Job Name
  • Frame list
  • Camera
  • Project Path
  • Output Path

I’ve had a look through the documentation on scripting but have not found a solid resource with directly relatable information. I understand the output path would require some additional knowledge of the network to map and perhaps some further pipeline work to integrate correctly? Or using a startup script? How best should this be sourced and stored for easy access by all nodes?

I’m guessing the job, file and camera data is straightforward enough to directly source with a few lines of code, but again, a simple explanation or examples are proving a little difficult to find.

Anyone have any experience setting up such a script? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Craig

Welcome aboard Craig!

Actually, if you submit your work from within Maya itself, all of these things are populated using the Maya API as that’s a bit more stable than poking through a Maya Binary file. Have you tried using the integrated submission script? Install info is here:

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … ript-setup

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences