AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Installing software via CommandLine plugin - UAC problems

I’m experimenting with using CommandLine jobs to install updates or plugins on a windows farm, but am running into issues with UAC blocking the installations from completing - I get the error “The requested operation requires elevation.”

Disabling UAC on the slaves is not going to be an option - is there a way to get the commandLine job to run as a particular Windows user? Or some other standard way people get around UAC when using Deadline to roll out software?

Hmm, I believe this document is what you’re look for (I think I can assume you have permission to roll it out)?

docs.thinkboxsoftware.com/produ … job-s-user

Caveat/warning from the docs: This setting affects all jobs, and requires users to ensure that their User Account Settings are configured properly

Let me know if that suits your needs.

Cheers

Actually, the best way I can think of is to make a script that uses runas to impersonate a high-level user and bake the password into it. Morgan’s right that you can set up the user impersonation, but there are some edge cases there on Windows. The nice thing with runas is that in can bake right into a batch file, but the password in the clear may be a security concern.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences