AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini dependencies

Hi,

I’m running DL 10.0.14.1 and Houdini 16.5.439.

When submitting Houdini jobs, and adding dependencies from the submitter it doesn’t actually add the selected job as a dependency. Instead if I look at the submitted job in the Monitor there’s a long list of perhaps 10-15 “job dependency does not exists”.
If I select and delete them all, close the window and then go back to the properties, there are more “job dependency does not exists” back in the list. I have to repeat this process 2-3 times before the list is finally cleared out - and I can manually add the dependent job I initially wanted.

Can you send the job info side of those jobs here? I’m mostly interested in the dependencies section:

[attachment=0]2018-05-03 11_03_19-Job Properties.png[/attachment]

Best guess at the moment is that the format of the dependencies is off at the moment… I’m hoping not white-space related as that might not be obvious if you copy & paste it here. An archived dummy job would likely be the best case if you have time to make one.

Sorry for my slow reply. I forgot to subscribe to the thread. Looks like you’re right, and it’s just a formatting issue. Each letter is it’s own dependency.

[attachment=0]dependencies.PNG[/attachment]

Ah, we expected a list and got a string. That should be an easy fix.

Because there may be a specific way to trigger this, and I’m no Houdini expert, could you go over the steps to reproduce? I’m thinking a screenshot of the ROP config and the submitter should be enough.

Thanks! I’m submitting a FileCache, not a render ROP, as it’s a simulation job, but don’t think it changes either way. I choose a single job as dependency and submit. So I don’t think I’m doing anything special in particular.
[attachment=0]dependencies2.PNG[/attachment]

PS! A side note; I think already mentioned this through email support, but it would be great to have a on/off switch for simulations. If I don’t set the frames per task higher than the number of frames to simulate, the job will simulate each task(frame) from frame 1.
1 to 2
1 to 3
1 to 4 etc.
Mixing between submitting frames to render and simulation jobs we always have to change this number.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences